Social Media Links
Play. Lead. Inspire. Our mission is to improve the lives and futures of youth through sport.
Open Field (formerly CameroonFDP) is a Pittsburgh-based 501c3 nonprofit organization with international reach. Since 2010, our global team has engaged more than 3,000 youth in educational soccer programming, mentoring relationships, travel abroad experiences, and cultural exchange in Cameroon, Africa and Pittsburgh, PA. Our innovative approach to Sport for Good empowers youth to be leaders in their community and gain skills to help them succeed on and off the field. Sport for Good, also known as ‘sport for development and peace’ or ‘sport-based youth development’, is a theory and practice for youth engagement that leverages the passion and character-building attributes inherent in sport to create positive outcomes in the lives of participants far beyond the playing surface.
Youth who participate in our programming stay in school and out of trouble.
• 750 active youth participants in the U.S. and Africa
• 13% increase in confidence in leadership skills*
• 25% increase in knowledge about life skills topics
• 40% more likely to have done service projects in their community*
• Two past Cameroon program participants employed as Community Leaders
• One past Cameroon program participant playing collegiate soccer in the U.S.
*Multiple year vs. first year participants