PACIE-Lodestone Workshop: International Group Leadership and Program Management | Mon April 9, 2018
Cost: $245 for PACIE members; $270 for non-members (lunch included)
Join the Pennsylvania Council for International Education (PACIE) for a one-day workshop for study abroad faculty and administrators
PACIE is offering this one-day Lodestone Safety International workshop for study abroad faculty and administrators.
Leading international programs calls for additional roles and skill sets than those typically exercised faculty and staff. Additionally, program leaders and their students will be in circumstances qualitatively different from the typical day on campus. This training will look at the process aspects of international programming. Specifically, the workshop will examine setting tone, goals and expectations. Participants will discuss how to structure orientations and how to talk about the rules. The workshop will also go over work scenarios regarding “misbehavior” and mental health issues.
Goals of this workshop:
- To provide an overview of the group dynamics characteristic of international programming (differentiating between higher education groups and secondary schools)
- To identify common group management pitfalls for program leaders
- To provide tools to assist faculty with establishing their roles, tone setting, expectation setting and creating successful orientation processes
- To identify strategies for working through individual and group challenges
- To explore common issues for working with co-leaders, partners and providers
Informative presentations and case studies will be interspersed with group exercises to best capture the collective wisdom of the participants. Presentation content will be supplemented by a Lodestone Safety International readings packet.
Learn more at pacie.org/workshops.
The deadline to register for this workshop is March 9, 2018.
Pennsylvania Council for International Education (PACIE)