Education & Incarceration: Strengthening the Connection | Fri March 23, 2018
What is the connection between academia and incarceration?
How can Pitt students and members of the community participate in the movement for a better criminal (in)justice system and how can we push Pitt to do the same?
Incarceration Activism Fair: Noon-5pm (Lawrence Lobby)
Pitt Faculty Panel: 1:15-2:45 (Lawrence Room 106)
Community Panel: 3-4:30 (Lawrence Room 106)
– Dr. Jeffrey Shook, PhD & JD – School of Social Work
– Mr. Richard Garland, MPH – Graduate School of Public Health
– Dr. Michael Zigmond, PhD – Medical School
Community Panel Facilitated by Shandre Delaney from the HRC
– Amber Sloan (Pittsburgh)
– Taili Thompson (Pittsburgh)
– Jhondi Harrell (Philadelphia)
Refreshments will be served as well as lunch at 3pm